67 F100 ready for paint

Discussion in 'Ford Truck Builds' started by RP67F100, Feb 10, 2023.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. RP67F100

After nearly 2 years of replacing rusted metal, replacing all bushings, body mounts, steering and suspension components, installing front disc brakes, and cleaning and painting the frame. My 67 is ready to go to the painter to finish body work and apply the two tone champagne and ivory cream paint.
    While it’s gone I’ll be busy getting the 302 and C6 ready, along with polishing stainless , and painting inner fenders qnd other mounting hardware.
    Hopefully it will be on the road before the end of the year.

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Would love to see some pictures after it's painted!

RP67F100 likes this.
  3. RP67F100

Engine is ready for reinstall after checking bearings, new cam, lifters, timing chain, freeze plugs, intake, carb, and water and oil pumps. paint job on body is nearing completion at body shop
    Time to start on transmission, inner fenders, core support and other add on parts, so they are ready when truck gets back
    With a little luck and a lot of time spent, I hope to have it on the road for 2023 Turkey Rod run.

IMG_2507.jpeg #ad

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Love that fresh painted look!

5. RP67F100

First look at some of the final paint on my 67 , no clear on them yet . Getting close to bringing it home so I can get busy with reassembly. The C6 transmission has been rebuilt, and all the loose parts have been cleaned and painted, grill has been polished, bumpers rechromed.
    Still looking for body side trim if anyone runs across a set

Resized_20230818_142024.jpeg #ad

Resized_20230818_142013.jpeg #ad

FTZ HAIC likes this.
  6. RP67F100

work is progressing slowly on my 67 since it came home from paint
    Bed coating is done, engine, transmission, core support and radiator have been installed. Most of the dash and wiring is close to done. Seems like a lot done but still a long list to complete especially with limited time available
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso