< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Big Red

To bring it back to life.,, It hasn't run for years. Injected some diesel fuel into all cylinder and turned crank with plugs out to check if the engine seized and its not. Found carburetor leaking all over with all seals dried up.
    Rebuild the 2bbl carb with Walker kit installed and tried to fire it up. No sparks. I suspect ignition coil and or distributor assy. Wishing to switch to pointless distributor don't know which one and how much it will cost. Going the cheap way yet but need help to set points once again and any other suggestion out there.

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

3. Big Red

thanks Ken... i might replace the whole distributor assy. vaccume is weak and worn gear. but ill upgrade with the pointless module as well..

4. Ol blue 77 super cab

I just bought a 77 that had been sitting for 5-yrs had it running and first thing was the carb leaks. Fixed that put it back on and the coil wouldn't fire? Replaced that and got it running good enough to drive it home but now even after plugs,wires,cap and rotor I still have a miss I don't like so I think I will replace my distributor next? Once I put the fuel tank back in I will try the tuning again before I replace it.
    I am starting to think the previous owner put a mild cam in is why I can't get it to smooth out like it should but I can pull my number 8 plug wire at the distributor with no change in the motor? So distributor rebuild it is for me.

5. Scot Founding Member

Search "dirt cheap ignition." Basically you use a Duraspark distributor and a mid 70's GM module on a heatsink. I am running it in the '55 and have been happy with it.

FTZ HAIC likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >