72 XLT Ranger F250

Discussion in '1967 - 1972 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by Big Red, Oct 19, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Big Red

Hello FTZ...
    i came across to this site before i got the truck to be called my project Big Red. i have read a lot of interesting and informative posting and comments on site and have decided to join FTZ. Thanks to all...
    little about myself... am in the mid 50's have done most of my own automotive maintenance services since owning my first car old and new. not so technical to details on specs and modifications on power trains and transmission, but i could do research and mostly depends to experience of others. and here i am to have my first restoration project a 1972 Ford F250 2WD orginal 390 2bbl carb automatic.
    the truck hasn't run for years so that's where i start... i'll be posting pictures and relating my process with this project and i wish and hoping to have all FTZ forum peoples help for completion of this dream...
    Big Red

Tags:
    JWC 3 likes this.
  2. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Welcome. Hope we can help.

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

We've got a lot of experience here. One of the things you'll want to do along the way with the truck is eventually swap out the front brakes for disc brakes. They swap in from 1973-1979 trucks. I've been through that... its relatively easy job unless the king pins are frozen then it's a pain -- that takes a hydraulic press or the biggest c-clamp you can get your hands on and a long cheater bar! It makes a huge difference in braking confidence!

dustybumpers and JWC 3 like this.
  4. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Welcome to the site!
    just ask, and we'll try to help
    Fabman loves those bumpsides, and has quite a collection!

5. Big Red

Thanks Ken... i believe it has disc brakes on it. but concentrating to get it running first. i dont know if i did this right but i just posted something at the forum. is that the right place to put my idea and questions?

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I've moved this to the 67-72 truck section. :)

7. Big Red

hello everyone...
    Still on project of getting the truck started. it seems i could not trace why am i not getting no sparks on my ignition system. Need help to get hold of electric schematic diagram for this 72 F250. I have replaced and check the obvious components from distributor all to the plugs.
    Its starting to be a rainy weather here at the bay and the truck is still at the drive way. Give me some sparks please... Great day to all

8. BKW Founding Member

Dual piston caliper front disc brakes were optional for 1968/72 F250 2WD & F350.

9. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

10. Big Red

Horray !!! Thanks again Ken for the wiring link. I found out from it that the previous owner must have tap a wire to install a tach gauge and it was shorted why am not getting no current for my ignition. With this diagram I'll able to trace and rewire some other components. Thanks... Now on too next step for resurrection...

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >