87 pickup engine bay wiring harness needed

Discussion in '1987 - 1991 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by 1970something, Jun 22, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

hey guys, i need an engine bay wiring harness for an 87 pickup. diesel preferred, but a gas engine harness will work too.
    in the process of putting the 87 cab on my 88 diesel, i realized the plug for the engine bay to cab wiring is different. and i would rather not use the 88 harness, because i had a minor fire in the cab and i had to replace quite a few burned wires.

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Unless you get lucky and there's a salvage yard with one, I'd say Painless Wiring may be your best bet.

3. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

i have a lead on one, but it is 114 miles away. and the guy will not answer any questions on it's condition or price.
    i don't want to hear "come on down and we will talk about it"
    to find out it is a cut up nightmare, or he wants a small fortune for it.

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Yeah that sounds a bit fishy. If someone has something in great shape they're usually going to be quick to let you know that.

5. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I am going Tuesday to LKQ, to pick up the ABS modal for the 03 f 150. I can pick up 1 of the 3 we talked about.
    I don't have alztimers like it was hinted here, so I won't forget you. Just say the word, and I'll pull one out, and ship it

6. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

it has to be from an 87 though charlie. the 88 and newer cab plug is different from the 87

7. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Inventory online at the one I'm going to says they have 2 87 4.9. 1 88 diesel.

Pm me on the other place some contact where I can catch you during the day, I can take some pictures, and text, that way you can be sure what you are getting

8. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

none of them will work. it has to be from an 87 with 351, 460, or 6.9 diesel.
    those three engine combos in 87 were unique because they were the only engine combos without computers.
    and because of that, they also had a different under hood wiring harness.

9. 250 lariet

10. 250 lariet

U still looking for the cash harness i believe I have one that will work

11. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

yup, still looking.

12. 250 lariet

I believe I have the harness you looking for it's in an 87 with a 460 carburetorit was an XLT lariat power windows power door locks it appears to be complete the only thing is the guy that took the harness out when he got over towards the passenger side for the power windows and power door locks cut the harness everything else looks good I can get you some pics of it and send them to you if you'd like I'm not going to use it I have fixed the harness in my truck

13. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

need under hood harness, not in cab harness.
    the cab i am using has a spotless XLT Lariat full power harness already in it that came off a 87 351 C6 truck.
    hence the reason i need a carb under hood or diesel harness, cause the EFI harness is different.

14. 250 lariet

okay you need under the hood harness I believe I had might have that one also let me check and I will get back to you but I believe I have everything for underneath the hood

15. 250 lariet

Yes I do have under the hood harness from the firewall out it's an 87 f250 460 carburetor I don't know how to post pics on this thread if you have a cell phone I can send you pics and you can take a look at it to make sure it's what you want we'll go from there

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >