Possible mirror change

Discussion in '1992 - 1996 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by EdOBS, Apr 9, 2024.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. EdOBS

I have a 94 F250, and I’m thinking of swapping out the side mirrors from this type
    IMG_1041.jpeg #ad

to this type of mirror
    IMG_1036.jpeg #ad

I just want to know if anyone has any experience pulling off this type of project, if it’s even doable, etc. Any tips or advice would be helpful, I don’t want to buy the new mirrors only to find out I can’t throw them on. Thx!

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Have you considered slip-over extension mirrors instead? It will save you the trouble of drilling your door.

71clIUB3UsL._AC_SX679_.jpg #ad

3. Oldiesask

The aero mirrors have a bracket which goes through the outer skin and bolts to the inner door, to reduce vibration. I am not sure if the chrome mirror will cover that hole, so you may need to fill it and paint. I also, don't think the bolt holes are in the same position, but really not 100% sure.

4. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I've had both mirrors depicted above. Even with the door mount mirrors (old style) as shown above, depending on what you are hauling or towing, I still hat to go with the slip on extended mirrors. Might be best to try Ken's suggestion before drilling.....

FTZ HAIC likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >