Exhaust question

Discussion in '1992 - 1996 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by Truckmylife, Sep 19, 2022.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Truckmylife Vet Zone

Good Day all,

I have a 1992 Ford F250 with a 460 4x4. I just replaced my catalytic converter. I just recently started working on my truck. The person I had bought it from was a victim of the CAT burglar, When the person cut the catalytic converter they also cut the 2 lines that go to the top of the cat, I'm assuming smog pump lines? I am having no luck on finding any information on these lines. I can not do a smog pump delete due to emissions. Anyone have any helpful information? Thanks for looking

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

If you mean wires when you say lines, that would be the O2 sensors. On that truck they go in the top/center of each converter.

Truckmylife likes this.
  3. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

In addition to the O2 sensor’s shouldn’t there be the air pump tube as well…I’ve got a repair manual for that but I’m 250 miles from right now and it will probably be Friday before I can get to it.

Truckmylife likes this.
  4. Truckmylife Vet Zone

My apologies for not being clear, Not the wires for the O2 sensor, I'm talking about the 2 hoses that come from the air pump. There were 2 fittings that were attached to those hoses that were cut off when the cat was stolen. I have tried looking for these and can not seem to find them anywhere.

5. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

If you search for catalytic converter air tube kit at Amazon or AutoZone you should get some hits.

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Some models had this, some did not. You can find both types over at Rockauto.com.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >