2018 F350, 6.7L 2H to 4H to 2H time delay

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by BarryL, Jan 7, 2022.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. BarryL

My truck is at the dealer checking out the delay from 2H/4H/2H. There is no problem getting into or out of 4WD but seems (to me) it's taking MUCH longer getting in and out of gear. I read the owner's manual and following everything, but gives no details of timing. (electronic on demand 4x4, knob on the dash)

The dealer says (of course) there is no problem and everything is within "Ford's specifications".

I had a '17 F150 and it would shift in and out of 4WD in less than 10 seconds.

My question is what IS Ford's specification for the transmission shifting into and out of 4WD? Can anyone point to documentation saying so?

Tags:
  2. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

Have you been able to time how long it takes to go from 2H to 4H, and back?
    Have you checked for a possible vacuum leak? that will surely slow things down.

3. BarryL

No, I'm estimating 30+ seconds, minimum. Sometimes longer. I have not checked for vacuum leaks.

4. DonW

Doesn't sound right to me, but what do I know, like Kirk said I'm usually just lookin to start an argument!! :) My 2020 F250 will shift in or out within 3-4 seconds..actually probably less. Hope this helps

5. BarryL

Thanks for the reply. That sounds about what I expect.

6. DonW

Maybe try another deer?? Sounds like the phrase "Its within specs" is a cop out. Maybe ask a new dealer "what are the specs" before you ask them to look at it??

7. BarryL

Yeah, hind site is always 20/20.

DonW likes this.
  8. DonW

Know what you mean. I didn’t mean to sound like a Monday morning quarterback. I actually was thinking if I have a problem maybe that’s the question I will ask.. good luck.

9. BarryL

No problem. I know what you meant. Thanks for the response.

10. BarryL

Thanks for all responses. Problem solved.

11. DonW

So mind me asking? What was the problem?

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >