Adding an 'Emeregency Brake is On' Buzzer

Discussion in '1997 - 2003 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by Mrhelper, Aug 5, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Mrhelper

My daughter has a bad habit of driving her F150 with the e-brake on. She tells me that sometimes the red "BRAKE' light doesn't come on so she forgets it and just drives around town, burning up the brakes quickly. My wife does the same thing on her car but her problem is she can't see small things without her glasses, and that is compounded by her color-blindness. I believe the brake light switch on my daughter's F150 is up under the dash behind the e-brake mount, which is a bear to get to, and even if i change the switch, I don't think it will stop my daughter from ignoring the light on the dash. So I was thinking of rigging up some kind of buzzer to let my daughter know the e-brake is on. I am guessing my daughter will not want the buzzer on while listening to the radio so I am pretty sure this would get her to release the brake. I could also use an e-brake buzzer on my wife's car for the same reason. I looked a bit on the internet and couldn't find anything soIi thought I would ask around to see if anyone knows of something for sale, or if anyone has had a similar problem. Anyone have any suggestions?

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

3. Mrhelper

Thanks FTZ HAIC! This buzzer is certainly cheaper than a another set up brakes. Since the brake light may have a problem with the e-brake switch I was trying to imagine a way to put some type of pressure switch on the actual e-brake pedal itself. The switch could only have power when the key is in the ignition and 'ON' so as not to drain the battery. Then it goes off one the key is turned on until the brake is released. But that's where I am stumped. Any ideas?

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >