adding copilot 360 cameras to 2020 lariat

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by ifallsguy, Jan 4, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. ifallsguy

I'm considering adding the copilot 360 cameras to my 2020 250 Lariat. I have the high brake light camera for the bed and thought the copilot was part of the technology package. I've located the plug for the front camera, along with its washer. My question is about turning on the system. Will it come up once a camera is plugged in or do I need to get the truck reprogramed? Is it even possible? At the minimum I want to add the front camera.

Tags:
  2. Kajtek1 Founding Member

I am afraid this is pretty complicated system with big software. When I loved the options, especially trailer option for backing up under my camper, the system is so advanced that to date nobody managed to hack it to use cameras above 8 mph and nobody hacked it to use as traffic camera.
    There is company in California who sells and installs 360 cameras on cars.
    Their quote for total installation on car was in the range of $3000.
    Your truck might need new center console.

3. ifallsguy

The truck already has the high brake light camera, plus the two rear cameras. I'm not trying to use the cameras when driving, just add at least the grill camera to make sure I don't crush the front of another car in a parking lot. I have verified the truck is wired for the cameras, so I guess my question is would any camera I add show up on the 8 inch screen in my dash.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >