Airbag lights both stay on

Discussion in '2004 - 2008 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by kossuth2016, Nov 15, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. kossuth2016

I just traded for a 2008 f150 xlt. I didn't think much about it at the time I was only one in truck but noticed my passenger side airbag light was on which in normal cause no one was in the seat. Picked up my buddy for work when he set down it did not go off. Also the light on the cluster is on too. Any ideas what this might be.

Tags:
  2. kossuth2016

As far as i know the 08 does not have a keyed on/off switch

3. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

when you first start the truck the air bag light should flash a certain amount of times. that is the trouble code. as an example 5 flashes, a pause, and 5 flashes again is the code for passenger side air bag light being burned out.

4. kossuth2016

Don't think they flashed but when I get in Sunday I will check see if they will flash

5. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Check for flash Key on, engine off

6. kossuth2016

Ok thanks I'll post it asap Sunday

7. kossuth2016

Ok tried this several times and air bag lights are just on no flash guess I need to check my fuse first if not that what else might it be. They don't flash at all

8. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Probably going to need a scanner to read those codes.
    I could do them in Md
    John in Tenn

JWC 3 likes this.
  9. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Yup, time to scan it.

10. kossuth2016

All fuses are good so guess its time yto scan codes I'm in north east Mississippi corinth area

11. kossuth2016

After a long diagnosis and many busted knuckles I got frustrated and gave up on my air bag lights and just decided to live with them staying on. Then yesterday my youngest got sick in my truck and my wife had to turn around putting her knees in the seat soon as she did that both lights went out and are not working as they should. Still not sure but think the sensor was stuck. Thanks for all the info and help

12. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Might be a corroded crash sensor. The front sensor is in the center in front of the radiator on the center brace. It's bolted onto it, under the external air temp sensor.

Also, the passenger sensor, if the light to it is burnt out it the computer will turn on the air bag lights. I'd check to see if putting weight on and off the passenger seat (about 40lbs) is turning the passenger sensor light on the dash.

13. kossuth2016

So far seems to be working as it should. Time will tell if I need to replace any individual components. Drove it around the yard today and went to town with no light coming on. Hope it was just a dirty sensor in the seat. I checked the on on the brace on the front of the truck and it looks like a new one has been put on recently.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >