Alarm going off for no apparent reason

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by Biffster, Jul 18, 2024.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Biffster

2017 F250 Super Duty
    The other night, 2;45 am I hear a car alarm going off. I like "Shut your damn Alarm off" , well it is my alarm.
    When out and cleared it with the fob. Didn't see anything that may have activated the alarm.
    Then 3:15 am it goes off again. This time I cleared the alarm and did a remote start. Everything went well. I got into the truck to shut it down. No visible issues. No weird sounds. I did set the selector to Perimeter as opposed to All.
    No more issues
    Did some searching and most all responses was some bug / moth would set the alarm off via the interior sensors.
    That made sense to me as I did have the windows open a crack because of the hot weather we have been having. Also sprayed some Insect Killer into the cab.

Tags:
    FTZ HAIC likes this.
  2. Obe Vet Zone

Either a FIB (Flying Insect Bastard) or it could be your hood latch. There is a sensor on the hood latch that detects if someone is trying to open your hood with the vehicle locked. I had to replace my latch (you just can't buy the sensor) because of nuisance alarms (like you, its always in the early morning) and I understand that the hood latch sensors fail often. The FordPass message will tell you if it's the interior, perimeter or the hood latch causing the alarm.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2024
    FTZ HAIC likes this.
  3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Over the years, I've had the occasional history nut dropping on the metal roof of my shop building set off my F150's alarm (it's in the building), so I'm not surprised!

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >