Alarm going off in the middle of the night!

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by RunningRigging, Jul 18, 2022.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. RunningRigging

Yep. For no apparent reason ( maybe ) the alarm goes off, disturbing neighbors.
    Where I'm at with this is that, it seems, my 2022 F250 XLT SC LB has an INSIDE sensing system that will trigger the alarm if it senses motion on the INSIDE of the cab! We're spending 4 months camping in Targhee National Forest in western Wyoming. On the way into town the next morning a large moth flew out from between windshield and dash! Ah HAH! I think this is the cause of the problem. After consulting my owner's manual, my question went unanswered.
    So, here is my question:
    Can I disable this interior monitor? Can that be made to be the default setting so I don't have to mess with it again? What the heck to ya do if you decided to take a snooze in your truck and the alarm goes off every time you roll over? I sleep flip flopping around like a fish out of water!!
    Anybody else have this problem? Thoughts? Remedies?
    Thanks folks. :)
    Gary

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Two ways:
    1. Settings then Advanced Settings, then Vehicle then Alarm. Its normally set to Ask on Exit but you can select a permanent settings.
    2. There are four round sensor "pits" on the overhead, cover them with round rubber plugs or similar, and it will stop sensing motion.

mrbraq and DonW like this.
  3. RunningRigging

Thanks FTZ!! :)

Gary

FTZ HAIC likes this.
  4. Obe Vet Zone

Just so you know, there is another item that can cause your truck to alarm randomly - the hood latch. I believe there is a recall on them. There is an alarm switch on the hood latch that fails, causes the alarm to go off randomly. It is easily diagnosed by reading the alarm message on your FordPass. I replaced mine before the recall went out, not expensive and easy to replace.

DonW likes this.
  5. Ski Bum

Oh man I feel your pain! Mine went off in a campground in the late evening and I went out to shut it off. Ford pass said intruder alert so I looked around and couldn’t find any intruder. Left it unlocked for the rest of the night so as to not wake up the neighbors again.
    The next day I feharted around and forgot about the alarm. That night, it went off twice so I called customer service at 10:00 local and he walked me through the alarm process. Moved the truck closer to the trailer and left it unlocked. The next morning my wife got in and chased a big moth out!
    All’s quiet now on the North Arkansas border.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >