Approximate GCWR, CCC and curb weight for 2018-2020 Max trailer tow package SCREW 2WD/4WD 3.5L ECB

Discussion in '2015 - 2020 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by Herschel, Feb 5, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Herschel

I am pouring over the online listings for a "new to me" 2018-2020 F-150 SCREW 3.5L ECB 2WD/4WD with max tow package and 701A package of driver assist options. Still two months from pulling trigger on purchase so hesitant to reach out to dealers. Can anyone give me an approximate GCWR, CCC, and curb weight for either a Lariat, Platinum, or Limited so equipped. I am wanting to tow a TT that weighs 7,900lbs. with a TW of 800lbs. Towed same for 26,000 miles with 2007 RAM 5.7 Hemi for 10 years. Issue of 150 vs 250 dealt with and put to bed for various reasons. Just need some real world numbers as requested: GCWR, CCC, and curb weight for actual trucks. I know that 701A package comes with a ton of other options that add weight like moon roofs, but, I just have to live with that. Thanks in advance.

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Without specifics like axle ratio, wheelbase, etc. it's like asking how long a string is.

For instance, the 2019 F150 Supercrew, depending on axle ratio, wheel base, 4x4 or 4x2 with a 3.5 Ecoboost, the GCWR ranges between 15,500 and 18,400, with a max trailer load of 10,700 lbs - 13,200 lbs. Even on the low end of that, you've still got almost a couple thousand pounds of tow capacity over the 7,900 trailer.

3. Herschel

Thanks. Yes, I understand about needing even more specifics. By far the most popular models with the 701A package or it's equivalent in other package/options are Platinum or Limited models with many Lariats, too. Nearly all are standard short bed, a few 6.5 beds, but not many. But with those options come moon roofs, usually 4x4 and off road packages, as well. I hope to find a "simple" Platinum/Limited/Lariat with 2WD. But I need to be prepared to also consider a good deal on a 4x4 because of their prevalence. An absolute must is the Max Tow Package. My understanding is that the Max tow Package comes with a locking 3.55 differential in most cases. So, If any 2018-2020 owners of a Platinum, Limited, or Lariat with the packages discussed WITH the MAX TOW PACKAGE can give me their precise GCWR plus the actual CCC and curb weight, I would really like to know what it is. Feel free to add any specifics that you think I would find helpful and correct any thinking of mine you see is flawed. Again, thanks, in advance.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >