Battery Replacement

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by Big blue superduty, Nov 7, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Big blue superduty

Looking for recommendations for battery replacements for a 2017 Superduty diesel.
    Thanks in advance!!!

Tags:
  2. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I go to the Stealership and have them put in the Motocraft Battery. At our 'local' dealer they have a Quick Lane and the cost is very competetive with the Auto Parts store (beats a lot of them) and the Wally Worlds - Fred Meyers. In addition they do a complete charging system check and the batteries carry a decent warranty.

I preferr the 850 CCA's, but they they want to same me $15 and put the 750 CCA's
    So, for my 96 7.3 they put the 850's in since the 7.3's starter seems to like the power of the Grand Coulee dam to spin it.
    The 6.7 gets the 750's and I've never had a problem.

3. Big blue superduty

Thanks my friend.

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Johnson Controls makes Motorcraft, Walmart Everstart, Costco Kirkland and Autozone batteries so whoever gives you the best combination of price and services... go for it. Walmart, Costco and Autozone will do a charging system check. There are some Walmart batteries now made by Exide as well, I don't believe the larger batteries are in this group, but if they were Exide makes great batteries too. The majority of "brands" are either Exide or Johnson Controls batteries.

5. DonW

Was wondering about this because many yrs ago I worked for an oil distributor that sold batteries. Owned claimed at that time there were only 4 companies that made batteries.....

6. Biffster

Bringing up this old thread.
    Come August (2023) I plan on replacing my batteries on my 2017 F250 Super Duty 6.7L. Almost 6 year old and been through the engine fire, I think it will be about time. I am going with a set of AGM. Advance Auto has the following: DieHard Platinum AGM Battery: 65 Group Size, 750 CCA, 935 CA, 120 Min Reserve Capacity, Best For High Electrical Demands that I am strongly considering.

Any other suggestion? Thanks.

7. Biffster

August came early. Truck would not crank the other day. Ended up with those above mentioned batteries, but from Auto Zone as Advance Auto did not have a pair in stock. Changed one at a time so I didn't have to reprogram anything.

8. RP67F100

I prefer the Interstate 1000 amp for my 02-7.3
    I usually get 4-5 years out of them. Last ones I bought were $300.00 for the pair. Next will prob be $600.00

9. DonW

Duracell 1000 Amp at Walmart. $184.00 each

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >