< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. brian c

I have a 78 F250 custom I've been looking for bed liners and I can't seem to find one I don't know if a certain year will work just as good 80s Maybe or should I just go with the spray bed liner or if anyone has a recommendation for the best one?

Tags:
  2. Oldiesask

Your front fuel filler is forward as compared to an 80s truck, otherwise the box is identical inside. A later liner, such as the factory one offered in the 90s should be backwards compatible. Caveat: Super camper special and all early dents have different wheel humps inside the box, but anything after '75 should be the same.

brian c likes this.
  3. brian c

Thanks for the advice I'll just do that then

4. RP67F100

I personally would go with a spray in myself
    unless you are putting a topper on or have heavy items in the bed, the l up era get air under them and move around a lot rubbing the paint to bare metal, then moisture gets under and the bed rust
    You can do a roll on kit for about $100.00

brian c likes this.
  5. brian c

Thank you I've been told to do the spray on as well because moisture gets underneath thank you for the advice

6. Oldiesask

I have a 1990 that had a plastic liner from new, the box is still great inside, any rust is coming from the underside, as any box of it's era. Just my thoughts, fwiw, but spray in liners are great when properly installed to a good box, but if you don't prep it right, they will cause problems. I have seen them destroy boxes when people shortcut, they will also hold moisture if they separate from the floor. If you want to use it on a seasoned box, treat it like any paint job and do all the same prep stages.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >