Beepers

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussion' started by mete, Apr 14, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. mete

Can the beeper on a 2018 F-150 be removed ? I've removed the beepers on all my trucks from the first Jeep truck to my present 1009. To me they are extremely annoying. I've heard the new vehicles are getting more difficult to deal with .Some have the beeper coming through the Speakers in the car !!!

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I don't know if it will also work on your year, but try this:

Truck in park with the ignition off, parking brake set and seat belts not buckled. Turn key to on, but not start. Wait until seat belt chime goes off it takes about a minute. Then wait 5-10 more seconds. Buckle and unbuckle the driver's seat belt three times until you see a warning light on the dash. Once you see the light buckle and unbuckle to confirm the change, and the warning light will flash. The seat belt chime is now turned off. Same procedure to turn it back on.

3. mete

That may be the seatbelt chime but I want ALL the chimes off ! I did that on my 2009 and it's wonderful !!

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Do you have one of those ODBII plugs that connect to your smartphone via bluetooth? If so, look up Forscan in the app store. It can disable them, and do a bunch of other stuff (like turn power folding mirrors into auto-folding when you look the doors the way Lincoln SUVs do).

5. mete

Wow ! That opens a whole new can of worms. I'm not a computer geek and don't have the gadgets . I'd have to find someone to do it for me . It certainly would be worth paying for !

This week I should learn about a delivery date.

BTW In a previous post I asked about materials for seats that I'm not allergic to . The one I found is Sunbrella upholstery fabric . An acrylic indoor /outdoor fabric ,huge number of colors and patterns !

6. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

8. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

Ken, is there instructions on how to use forscan anywhere?
    i cant get it to do anything that everyone claims it will do.

9. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

That is the link I used Tom.
    I had to join the forum ( which registers it). it did absolutely NOTHING until I did that

I will pm you the links if you need them

10. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

i have it downloaded for over a year, registered with the forum, asked over there, and was told "we have your money, figure it out for yourself".

11. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

You'll love the Sunbrella! My wife used it to make boat upholstery and tops before she got arthritis in her hands. Great material and lasts a long time!

12. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Mine was free. you don't have to pay until 2013 and newer model year
    Is yours blue tooth, or hard wire?

another thing I saw on the forum, there are a bunch of fake adapters out there that look like the right thing, but don't connect to the program

13. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

well i was trying it on the 2014. i have a OBDlink MX Bluetooth Adapter that works with torque pro, but not with foreskin, and just ordered a hardwire adapter that was able to finally recognize the truck. but once foreskin opens i can not figure out how to do anything with it.

14. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Their support forums have pretty much every question you can ask already answered. Much more than I know about it (only used it once on my truck and once on my wife's Explorer).

15. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Call me next time you going to use it, I will open mine, and walk u through it

1970something likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso