BLIS when towing a travel trailer

Discussion in '2015 - 2020 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by Herschel, Mar 12, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Herschel

On the 2018 F-150 does the BLIS turn off completely when you plug in travel trailer lights or can you adjust BLIS for towing a trailer?

Tags:
  2. Herschel

I hate to be the one to answer my own question, but now having bought a 2020 F-150 Lariat, I know that you CAN use BLIS with a trailer. You can program the length of the trailer you have up to 33 feet. I have programed my truck accordingly, and will test it out next week.

3. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

Glad you got an answer, I don't even know what BLIS is.

That's how dumb I am.

4. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

don't feel bad, i have no idea what it is either.

5. Herschel

Well, BLIS is Ford's blind spot warning system. It uses sensors in your rear bumper to detect vehicles in adjacent lanes that are close to your vehicle. If one is there, it illuminates a yellow dot/light in the appropriate side view mirror. You can adjust the area for warning when towing for a trailer that is under 8.5 feet wide or less than 33 feet long. You can even preload the length for three trailers and give them nicknames, so you can just dial in which trailer you are towing easily.

6. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

huh. what ever happened to mirrors and paying attention to your surroundings when driving?

7. V10 NUT

Mirrors???? Paying attention???? Thot dat wut puters and sensors R for. Tell you when you are bout to eff things up.:knockedout:

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >