Bogging down issue..

Discussion in '2004 - 2008 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by Tammy77, Mar 28, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Tammy77

I have a 2008 F150 5.4 V8 Lariat having issues with it bogging down....any ideas what it could be? If it sits at a idle and you take off it bogs down but if you turn it off then back on it will take off....fuel filter and fuel pump was just changed, no cats,......please help!!

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

There's a large number of possibilities for bogging.

1. The CMCV runners sticking either a linkage or actuator.
    2. Dirty throttle body or MAF, though that would usually bog whether it's just been started.
    3. Vacuum leak, including the seal on the air box, but like #2 it'll usually do it all the time.
    4. Oxygen sensors bad. The PCM ignores the trims for a short period at startup, but takes them into account once throttle the PCM's catalytic warm up cycle.
    5. None factory intake causing a false MAF reading, and causing a lean condition. Would need the PCM's tune adjusted for this.
    6. Check the fuel pump driver module (FPDM). They are known to have the bottom corrode. It sits over the top of the read axle. If it's having issues the fuel system is going to have problems maintaining high enough pressure.

Tammy77 likes this.
  3. Tammy77

Thank you we did check O2 sensors and its not them....and the cmcv isn't for the 5.4 v8 only on the 4cylinder v6s and the 4.6L v8 motors.....not the MAF sensor or an air leak gonna try the FPDM.....will post updates after we try that

4. garyreynolds92

Clean the throttle body, check coil overs for ignition and maybe change the plugs out to E3 plugs. I hear they are great. Check/replace air filter too!

5. garyreynolds92

I replace my fuel filter every 20,000 miles !

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >