Bolt Pattern Size

Discussion in '1997 - 2003 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by chopper, Sep 5, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. chopper

Hello all, I,m new to the forum and i have a question about my truck.
    I have a 2002 F-150 FX4 with the 5.4 Triton engine. When I bought the truck the first owner (not the guy I bought it from) already had aftermarket rims and tires on it, but no spare tire. I've been trying to find a spare rim from junkyard so i can at least have something to put a on in case of an emergency tire failure. But so far, I've bought two different rims none of which fit or have the right lug spacing. Could the previous owner have installed different spindles? And also, what is the standard lug pattern measurements?

Tags:
  2. F350-6 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Anything is possible, but the odds of aftermarket spindles with a different bolt pattern seem pretty low. Where did you get the spare wheels? And what did they come off of? I believe the 02 F150 was still the 5 x 135mm bolt pattern.

3. chopper

I ordered the first one from a junk yard and they sent it to me. The second one I went to a different junk yard and I took it it off a 2001 crew cab.

4. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Find a reputable tire shop. They can measure your pattern and center. They can then tell you what you have ..

5. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Also. ....make sure someone hasn't installed adaptors. I've seen that before.

6. chopper

Okay thank you! I'll have to try that.

7. chopper

So, to revive a old thread......I found out from the shop I was working with that the bolt pattern is a 5 x 127.........the same as a jeep..........does that make any sense to anyone at all??? I'd really appreciate any feedback.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso