Bought a new 2021 250 XL - box mount system cleats included?

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by Herkypilot, Feb 17, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Herkypilot

I bought a new 250XL FX4 6.7L crew cab. The box mount brackets are already mounted in the bed. I asked the salesman if the cleats are included as the brackets were already there. He looked in side the truck but his answer was "I guess not." My first thought was - how does he doesn't already know without looking around the inside of the truck? I commented that it's odd Ford installed the brackets without including the cleats.

Does anyone know if the cleats were supposed to be included?

Thanks
    Herkypilot

Tags:
  2. DonW

I BELIEVE what you are talking about were under the rear seat storage area in mine

3. Herkypilot

About the only items under the rear seat are the jack and handle/lug wrench. I suppose my cleats were taken then.

4. ifallsguy

There should have been a box with the cleats on a card. They are part of the package. Personally, I would look in several trucks on the lot and check under the seats (front and back). Unless they have pulled them, I would guess you will find them in those trucks. It is possible they remove them, but every truck I've looked at had the box of cleats.

I've owned a 2016 and 2019 F-150 and my 2020 F-250. All came with cleats and the keys for the locks. Unless the dealer is removing them from all their trucks, you should find them.

This is what Ford says in their online Build it and order site:

BoxLink™
    Included
    With the available class-exclusive* BoxLink™ system, the structurally reinforced box sides attach and tie down various kinds of cargo. The four interface plates can be configured to accommodate many available Ford and accessories, from aftermarket storage bins to stowable loading ramps. The four lockable, removable cleats provide additional locations to tie down cargo safely and securely.

The above basically says the cleats are included!

I called my dealer and spoke with my part guy. He said cleats are included with the truck and if they were not there, either 1) they got lost during shipping (ripped off ?), 2) misplaced during POI or 3) they want to sell them to you. I would lean toward number 3.

DonW likes this.
  5. Herkypilot

Looking at my window sticker, it doesn't specifically list "Boxlink" so maybe not. I just thought it was odd the mounting brackets were installed w/o cleats. I see they are about $30 - $40 a set on ebay/amazon so not too outrageous.
    Thanks,
    Hp

6. ifallsguy

Make sure you get the ones that will work on the 2021. I'm not sure if there were some minor changes, but the cleats for my 2020 fit better than the ones with my 2019 did.

7. TBone

Yes, if you have the cleats in the bed you should have the Lockable hooks that go with them. Tell your sales manager to go with you to the vehicle prep bay. The bag is probably sitting on the counter. If it isn't ask him to order you one because it's supposed to be in your truck Part # FL3Z-99000A64-B. If they deny it you can buy them from Amazon for $25.00. Then report them to Ford. You spent a ton of money on that truck and it should have been in there.

upload_2021-3-8_11-3-54.png #ad

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >