Break kits ????

Discussion in '1961 - 1966 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by kjS, Feb 25, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. kjS

My son and I have 66 f100 , and we are looking to do a front break kit . Cpp offers a complete kit but parts come global , while wild wood offers a kit also but not complete. Has anyone out there had dealings with either company and their products. If so please advise. Also as anybody out there Done a front brake kit and which way did you go. Thank you.

Tags:
  2. iicap

Brake kit?? Are just doing a front brake job or talking converting to disc brakes?? You can search this FTZ site for Disc Brake conversions, I'm sure you'll find much. Brake Job, shoes, wheel cyls, and misc small parts should be any auto parts store. New wheel seals and cleaning, inspecting and repacking front wheel bearings also.

3. kjS

Sorry about that, my son wants to do a front power Disc break kit using drums in the rear . I know I can scrape together the parts from a bone yard and automotive stores , but a kit is much easier. We know that this has been done already we just wanted to know if anybody can lead us to a Trustworthy company. ( don’t want to have mixed matched or inferior parts that will break ) This is our first build and it’s actually his truck he is 15 years old and he is the boss. I’m just along for the ride. ( teaching him things that he doesn’t learn in school ) . We have the truck down to the frame now.

4. BKW Founding Member

1973/79 F100 2WD & 1975/79 F150 2WD have all the parts you need. Buying a universal kit...when you need a part, what do you ask for in a parts store?

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >