bronco ver jeep

Discussion in '2021 - 2024 Ford Bronco' started by captchas, Jul 14, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. captchas

news on the new bronco are out , 3rd pedal is back, same with a powerful v6 that the ranger lacks .yet i have to ? what ford will do with jeep dropping news the same day that they will be sticking a 6.4L 450 hp 450 torque hemi in the jeep,that seems to make the new off road ford toy way under powered ,esp.since jeep drop'ed the word concept from the release
    https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...8-jeep-wrangler-392-is-headed-for-production/
    https://www.thedrive.com/news/34797/the-v8-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-392-is-coming-to-production-report

Tags:
    CarlS likes this.
  2. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

I own a couple Jeeps.
    I cant speak for others, but a torquey, small, light power plant is one of the reasons I love them. When Jeep has tried to go big, they have failed.
    The suburbanites are loving Jeeps right now, but that will pass.

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Going big with engines is the polar opposite of the foundation of a Jeep. Light and nimble.

4. captchas

i've done a few 5.7 hemi swaps into jeeps , the hemi doesn't weigh much more than the old inline 6 did , handling was still pretty good

still it makes me wonder how ford will counteract maybe drop a 5.0 into the bronco

5. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

One of my best friends had a 1985 J-20 pickup. It was a great truck. It sat low to the ground, 3/4ton suspension, 8 lug wheels, with a 360 in it.

6. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Its not for me but, I like this Bronco. Its not going to pull the Jeep purist away from their brand but, I think it will do well and at 1st blush it appears to have more attractive price points.

Too bad there isn't going to be a Texas State Fair this year. That's when I get up close and personal with new vehicles...another family tradition suspended.

7. XDM45 Vet Zone Founding Member

The 'big' Jeeps look like they're trying to be the H2 Hummer.

Hard to even find a Jeep with a stick-shift. I was getting some recall work done and requested one for a loaner. Specifically asked for a stick-shift. They had........out of dozens of Jeeps on the lot......ONE single Wrangler on the lot with a stick-shift. One. No one wants them, apparently. Anyway, I got that one (I learned to drive on stick-shifts.....), but Hell. It was still the big, 4-Dr model. Which was, again, most of the Jeeps on the lot.

8. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

More times, than not, manufacturers & dealers force feed demand. If its all they gots, that what you buys. Especially with regard to features / accessories. Typically, we have to buy what we don't want to get what we do want....or, be faced with the "No Deal" special order pricing...which ultimately costs more. Then there is the wait.

captchas and XDM45 like this.
  9. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Steve, just being nosey but, does your Ram have the air bags so you can lower / raise the truck from the pilot seat?

10. XDM45 Vet Zone Founding Member

It does not.

It's an option on the Laramie (and Laramie-Longhorn). $1700.

11. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

Looks like Jeep has maintained their status as the only solid front axle in the business.

Ive not seen any particulars on the Bronco axles, I assume the rear is a D44?

12. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Just wondering. My lead machinist has that option. I must me paying him toooo much. :think:anim

:rofl:anim

13. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

14. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

15. XDM45 Vet Zone Founding Member

Yeah.....I was one of those 'what you see on the lot is what you get'...........

Haven't seen the need for a 'leveling' air suspension. Yet.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >