< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Bar W

Aquired a straight '68 F250 2WD body. Thinking of swapping the cab onto my '71 F250 Highboy. Sure this has probably been covered before, but what specific challenges am I looking at?

Tags:
  2. RP67F100

Although I haven’t done a swap, I recently had the cab off my 67. I believe it would be a easy swap, maybe a few different wires. The cab mount fasteners can be tricky, the bolt coming from the top threads into a special washer on the bottom side, then a nut under that. I think there must be a tool made to hold that washer while you remove the bolt. Not easy by yourself.
    I would remove the hood, then take the front clip as one piece, inner, outer fenders and core support all together. Will make realignment much easier, plus better access to front cab mounts, steering and wires.
    Should be an easy swap, hope this helps.

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

The differences are minor, and not a big deal unless you want everything to be year correct.
    The inner door panels and inards are different in 67 from all other years.
    The vent window handles are different.
    Radio opening is smaller.
    Heater is cable operated to heater box under the dash.
    Dash knobs are different.
    Manual choke knob.
    Ash tray is different.
    Mirror is attached to the cab, later years they were glued to the glass.
    Hood side emblems lack the reflectors.

And so on - my memory gets foggy on some of the other items. There are other difference like hood braces and other sheet metal and trim, but they won't stop you from doing a direct bolt onto the frame.

Keep the hard plastic reservoir from the later cab, the 67 plastic bag sucks.

Source... I had a 67 for many years!

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >