Can I change my rear view mirror to one where I can turn off autotint?

Discussion in '2015 - 2020 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by don_k, Dec 12, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. don_k

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this question (new here). If this is the wrong place please let me know.

I just bought my first Ford. It is a 2019 F150 XLT. It has tinted windows in back and a rear view mirror that auto tints at night. When the mirror tints I can not see adequately through the tinted window. My previous truck (brand X) had an auto tinting mirror but it had buttons where I could turn off the auto tint. My F150 has no buttons. Are there any after market mirrors anyone has experience with where the auto tint can be turned off? I have seen some but they also have a compass and temp display in them and I do not know if these are compatible with my truck.

Thanks,
    Don

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

There's a wiring harness on it that if you unplug it will no longer darken. Something sounds amiss though, the auto-dim function is supposed to turn off when you put it in reverse.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >