Veterans Zone Can you imagine a "SPECOPS" team equipped with THIS???

Discussion in 'Veterans Zone' started by Greywolf, Oct 11, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Far as I know, this is modern day and not faked up at all.

And my first thought was what the SEAL's could do with a thing like that...

~ It would have to be someone like them to even go there!

That thing is straight out of old science fiction magazines, but the advent of small precision jet engines has made stuff like that possible. Who would have thought it? But the mobility and small size aspects make it an extreme assault vehicle

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    Tags:
  2. F350-6 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

The downside I see is bulky, limited range, likely very, very loud, and up in the air you paint a nice silhouette for the enemy to shoot at.

Figure out a way to make it silent and that's another story. Till then, I see them using drones with cameras and instruments to fly in advance and warn of any, or be engaged first, by hostile types.

3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

What I see about it is high mobility, smallness of target, unexpectedness, and a relatively small "PACKAGE" to get withing striking range.

Granted, the operators would have to be highly skilled and trained - but to come out of no-where in a way that is hard to hit with counter-fire could be decisive.

The entire unit could be mounted on the back of a Chenowth car...

If one or more diversionary assaults were under way and they came out and dropped ordinance they could be there and gone before anyone on the other side even knew they had been there!

And by the looks of them, they would be damn hard to hit, or even to keep up with!

So for the limited range that you would have it could/would still be a portable strategic force multiplier in the specwar arena

And who is to say what ordinance might be carried? Suppose for instance it dropped sleep gas on the enemy so you could capture people to interrogate?

The possibilities are vast...

Incredible unexpected mobility, low profile, and unlimited covert uses. I'd say it is tailor made for the future we face

It is at least well worth looking at, and I bet DARPA is already on it...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso