Veterans Zone Censored Cartoons

Discussion in 'Veterans Zone' started by Greywolf, Dec 4, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I never saw these before - small wonder
    (Follow end of video links to see more)

Tags:
  2. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

I've seen many cartoons that were not normally seen . War cartoons ,back in the day .

56panelford likes this.
  3. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

We were shown some of these WW2 and some Korean War era films at the Naval Amphibus Warfare Training Center at Coronado, trying to give us a few laughs while teaching us OpSec....just before they threw us into a mock POW camp for a week and bounced us off walls and water boarded us....:oops:anim:panim:cry:anim

jniolon and 56panelford like this.
  4. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I never went to SERE training, not being an aircrewman. But I heard about it.

Supposedly Rick Marcinko and his merry band were the only ones who ever "got over" on the place

5. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

The class immediately before mine supposedly took over the POW camp and put all of the instructors in the hole. Marcinko wouldn't have had anything to do with that if that is what you are referring to. He was the Commander of Team 2 on my next trip through for some refresher training in 74 just before our TAD assignment out of Taipei.
    I went through SERE with a bunch of of BUDs / SEALs. Some of them comprised 3 of the 5 guys in my group. We got marked for "special handling" after we kind of rewrote some rules, and spent a part of a day in a tiger cage.

I understand that now days they have 3 different levels of it or something like that, depending on the type of assignment you are headed for. But I really have not kept up with it. I was in a group classified as "High Risk for Enemy Contact and Capture". But back then it didn't matter what classification, they had 1 school you went through. Several weeks of pure fun and joy, better than Disney Land!
    If you didn't make it or rang the bell, we always suspected that you got assigned to an LCPO detail on the USS Neverdock home ported in Bum F*&^%. Egypt.

6. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

The story has it that "Sharkman Dick" took the escape and evade part of it literally, and the resistance part right over the top...

Since "Le Pere du Fuoq" had a notorious disregard for rules of any kind the range limits were also ignored - and the story also tells that he led his merry men 'off-campus' to at least one local bar and grill.

* I'm pretty sure that this was from the Team Six days, but I can't remember if it was from one of his fictionalized books or the first Rogue Warrior book, which was supposed to be (supposed to be) factual. In a related book by Doc Watkins, Marcinko is said to have "exaggerated" in some instances...

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  7. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Been pretty hard to go off campus to a bar from Warner Springs....but he could have gone through Security Forces Detachment Kittery. Not sure what their layout of physical proximity is.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >