Ceramic coat?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by KW5413, Dec 24, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

A friend of mine is a car detailer and is getting pretty big in ceramic coating cars. I have been thinking about having him ceramic coat the Nova, next month, now that the new paint should have cured out.

Anyone have experience with this stuff? The car is covered when in the garage and never even sees a pressure washer.

Tags:
  2. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Better talk to your painter first.
    I'm not sure that it's friendly with all types of paint

3. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

He said give it 90 days to cure out good. Gonna see him again next week. I still haven't returned it for the pin stripes.

4. TruckerT88

Hi, just wondering if you had it ceramic coated. Anyways, if you have the luxury of time to wash and apply sealant or wax...then don't do ceramic. It is still best to have a good polish and apply sealant and top it with premium carnauba. You can look into Soft 99 Fusso coat 12 months sealant and apply a Soft 99 King of Gloss as a topper.

5. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

We ceramic coated the '70 Nova & The '76 Cutlass. Definitely made the paint seem deeper / richer. Since both cars are kept indoors and covered the only chance for much dirt and grime is if I catch bugs on a big drive...or get caught in a rain. Grasshoppers seem to come off easier, as is the wipe down for a show. With that said, if I had to pay going rates, I likely wouldn't do it. You can pay for some damn good detailing for what that stuff retails at.

I wouldn't put it on my daily drivers.

TruckerT88 likes this.
  6. DonW

I like Griots Garage Poly Sealant. 100 times easier than this Ceramic coating fad and much more affordable. Use your head with the pressure washer and you will have no problem whatsoever. Think of a 800 hp Hellcat....because all that ridiculous up is there doesn’t mean you have to use it all.

7. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

LOL! A buddy of mine has a 2019 Hellcat pressing 1,100 H.P. and is looking for more. :eek:anim We are both damned near 68 and he is still racing. Started with a '67 Camaro in the early '70s. Channeled the rear to accommodate big ass tires...the whole bit.

He runs it out on a straight track for individual scores and team scores. Puts wrinkle tires on the back and trailers it to the track(s).

That's shrink wrap on the rear quarter...to get the tire dust and grit from popping the paint.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

8. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Now that I think of it, maybe if he ceramic coated it he could shave a 0.0001 off his quarter mile time. LOL!

DonW likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >