Charging System Fault

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by mrbraq, Dec 11, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. mrbraq

"The 12V charging system has detected a fault."

1,500 miles

Anyone experienced this? Taking it in on Monday. I've read other models have had this due to bad battery caps and software issues.

Tags:
  2. mrbraq

Update - this ended up being a software issue.

DonW likes this.
  3. Reflection19

Thanks for the updae

4. mark leigh

What was the fix? Did the dealer reboot? Or? Did you fix it?

5. mrbraq

The dealer updated the software and I haven't seen the problem since.

DonW likes this.
  6. mrbraq

Update - it started coming back intermittently for hours on the way to the Ozarks. Painfully annoying. Truck started fine and figured it’d be fine until after my trip. Some but not nearly as many alerts on the 7 hour drive back.

Got a better mechanic on the 2nd trip in to service. A loose connect at the alternator melted the plastic at the bolt. The jiggling while driving was triggering the Charging System Service Now alarm. New alternator covered under warranty…better than living with some ghost electrical issue

7. DonW

Wired, glad they fixed it!

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >