Gas 2019 F250 LXT - upgrade brakes?

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by Fred_Flintstone, Oct 3, 2022.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Fred_Flintstone

Im going to replace the front brakes due to a warped rotor - any reconditions on who to go with?

thanks

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I have Power Slot Cryo Rotor on the supercharged F150. You have to bed them in properly, but after that they hold up very well, including 120+ MPH hard stops not warping them. Stops so hard you cab feel the heat coming off them from from several feet away and smell the heated pads. Hawks HPS pads.

3. Fred_Flintstone

I use the truck to pull a car and dump trailers.

DonW likes this.
  4. Misspeabodi

I came on here to check for this question, I'm surprised there aren't more responses. Can I ask what you ended up putting on your truck for brakes? I need to replace the front brakes and it's looking like minimum around 350 for 2 rotors and then pads, I'm not sure. I'm open to suggestions, nothing high performance, just improving on the factory, mid level brakes (like not the cheapest, not the most expensive, more about ensuring quality which I'm willing to pay a bit more for).

Thanks for any suggestions! :)

5. Fred_Flintstone

I used Powerstop Z36 Truck and Tow break kit - got them off Amazon and after beating one side off (warped side) everything has been great for the last few months.

6. Misspeabodi

Ok awesome! One other question, should you replace all 4 sets of brakes and rotors on the truck at the same time, or just per axel based on need?

7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Hard use is hard use, whether from a load or speed.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >