Veterans Zone Chinese rail gun?

Discussion in 'Veterans Zone' started by F350-6, Feb 5, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. F350-6 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Tags:
  2. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

You know what I find in this is confirmation that what science fiction writers put into their books eventually comes to be a reality :)

I also know that they probably got whatever they have from espionage - China is just not "quality control capable enough" to have birthed such a thing on their own soil.

But a rail gun idea has been around for a long time. I am not convinced yet, this may be a spoof.

But if it is not I will not be surprised, and the Pentagon knew about it long before this showed up on blogs.

NOW!
    The thing that interests me about it.

If you have a huge velocity gun based upon MAG ACCELLERATION of the projectile - the logic here is that it needs a lot of IMMEDIATE power to make the shell or whatever go faster...

Near instantaneous as a shot from a rifle, when propellant burns.

Like a PULSE of high energy, supplied to the magnets in that device in a successive array in order to fire a projectile in the blink of an eye!

But the POWER PLANT for that better be nuclear - or at least very powerful, and have a lot of batteries or capacitors to store a charge to be instantaniously used.

A BURST!

Measured in microseconds, like a RADAR beam

KW that's interesting, don't you think?

* My suggest to such a thing would be to measure the projectile speed in order to apply maximum force. What the hell kind of sensors could react fast enough?

Optic. Never mind, my brain fell asleep apparently

No gunpowder or fuel, no smudge. Optics can be used in the barrel sides

If you can call it a barrel - it would need a safety guide sort of tube.
    But the magnetic fields are the actual barrel as we think of one

My next thought is that if you have an antagonist like that (we just described) on a battle field - what is the best way to take it out?

And I will tell you this!
    The heart of it is it's POWER SUPPLY

Take down the power plant, and a rail unit is dead.

So my first concern is how much energy can the powerplant in that "BOAT" generate?

Set aside steaming and stearing, the left over energy is what can be shot (in joules or whatever) from that thing...

If it doesn't have a nuclear reactor just sink the foolish thing.
    (But try not to be caught doing it)​

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    BKW likes this.
  3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

OH! You mean the Islands that never were there before until CHINA sent ships and dredges to build (in an area outside of their own territorial waters and which were already claimed by several nations) fukken islands that they think they can just settle on to claim them as their sovoreign land.

THOSE DAMNED ISLANDS!!!!

(oops, wrong thread)

I DUNNO what set me off, but leave that post here
    ~Please

4. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I'd be willing to bet that somewhere in China are a set of plans, concept or final that have US Defense Contractor logo's on them.......

Is it real or is it Memorex...?

Project00.jpg #ad

5. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I think Clinton stuck his dick in more than we know

6. F350-6 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

I would guess they would need something like an over sized capacitor to store enough energy for sudden release. Multiple capacitors could be alternated to help maintain rate of fire.

So the question really becomes, how long does it take to charge said capacitor so you can determine the sustained rate of fire. And what happens if you fire at less than full charge? Reduced range? Or does it mess with the aiming at closer ranges as well? Kentucky windage on a rail gun?

7. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Ideal max range and caliber are two pieces of info that are missing.

8. F350-6 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

I would assume it to be of the same range and very similar caliber of who they stole the plans from (likely us).

9. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

No doubt further developed by government owned exchange students that they sent to school over here too...

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >