movin inside

Discussion in '1953 - 1956 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by jniolon, Sep 10, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

well, it ain't like the Jeffersons... we're not movin up... we're movin in... to the cab. got the dash cleaned up.. underdash panel started... inspection panels on the doors and the meager beginning of a console..

IMG_1241.JPG #ad

Img_1243.jpg #ad

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    Tags:
    OldjunkFords likes this.
  2. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I guess you should be aware that one cup of coffee spilled on that console and it's going to be ruined John...lol

OldjunkFords likes this.
  3. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

nah... I used waxed cardboard :happy:

56panelford and OldjunkFords like this.
  4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Have you considered using a console from a modern truck, pulled from a salvage yard? Some of them are extremely nice.

jniolon and OldjunkFords like this.
  5. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

no I haven't, Ken... don't know about size... I think from the edge of my seat frame to the edge of the dash is about 22-24 inches... I might have to look into that... thanks

the problem might be width... I've only got 9" between the seats... might have to check around and see what's available... need a place for cup holders, stereo, assorted switches for doors/hood actuator/ etc.... give me some ideas... I'm as wide open as a yard gate

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

With that kind of spacing maybe look at a Explorer console instead of an F150.

7. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

played some more today Img_1250.jpg #ad

still gonna check out the junk yards

8. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Personally finding something at a junk yard I think might be tough, but good luck. If you do find something I'm sure you will still be doing a lot of modifications to make it work..

jniolon likes this.
  9. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

I'm not totally happy with my cardboard art work... just too boxy... I'm still thinking and lookin. I wish I knew how to work with fiberglass well... I've seen some awesome stuff on the net

10. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I was going to make one that went through the seats and attach under the dash and had one all mocked up, found that I like the open floor space better. Are you continuing your dash extension all the way across to the driver side door..?

11. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

yes... I just haven't fabbed it up yet...I'm looking at a/c vents and such... if you want something nicer than black plastic its hi $$$

My cardboard mockup just looks too boxy... to me anyway... I really deserve something so much more stylish and unique:singing:

12. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

13. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

Ken ... yes... used is much more affordable... were all of them console shift ???

14. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

My 'Sploder uses the column shift. The manual transmission is right in front of the cup holder, there is a "removable blank" where the ash tray normally sits.

Oh gee, you would have to live without an ash tray. What a sacrifice......

15. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Here ya go John
    2012-08-17_18-35-14_255.jpg #ad

2012-08-17_18-36-04_474.jpg #ad

2012-08-17_18-35-01_176.jpg #ad

This 'Sploder is a 96 limited edition

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >