Clutch Master Cylinder parts

Discussion in '1957 - 1960 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by EasyF100, Nov 28, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. EasyF100

I am looking for the fitting that attaches to the front of the 1960 F100 clutch master cylinder that allows the flex hydraulic line to attach to the clutch master cylinder. I will purchase the complete Clutch master cylinder if necessary to get this part. A new clutch master cylinder does not come with this fitting and my truck was missing this when I purchased last year.

2. iicap

Hello E F100 and welcome. Fitting your describing should be available at any Auto Parts house. So you have the line that goes down to the Slave Cylinder on the bell housing being part metal and then flex hose as it meets the firewall. Can you take the line and master cylinder to the parts house? Probably the fitting is male 1/8 pipe thread into master and 3/16 0r 1/4" female flare for the line to go into. Let us know how you make out and we like pictures. Cap

3. EasyF100

Actually the fitting into the Clutch Master cylinder is 1/2 inch fine thread and needs a copper washer to seal fluid tight. I cannot find a fitting with this on one end and 1/4 female flare on the other end. Any suggestions???

4. iicap

Well guess your correct, not easy to find. Please not doubting your capabilities. Some questions, You have tested with a bolt that the thread in the MC is 1/2 NF and not 7/16 NF? Are the clutch and brake MC's identical? To clarify for me, the flared TUBING is 1/4"? The reason I ask is, there are fittings out there that give dimension of the thread of the, I'll say nut, that threads into the adapter your looking for. If the truck is not going to Grand Concourse D'Elegance shows, you can check out Banjo Fittings with correct flare, which would seal to the MC. I'll look some more.

5. iicap

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso