code reader

Discussion in '1992 - 1996 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by Buster, Apr 7, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Buster

I am thinking about getting an Equus/Innovo 3145 code reader for my 1993 F150. I have never had any experience with vehicle computer systems readers, although I did replace the ECM on this vehicle a few years ago. Is anyone familiar with these readers? Are they helpful?

Tags:
  2. captchas

from the reviews in amazon i wouldn't waste my dollars on it, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EW0KHW/
    personally i have software and a GOOD adapter that works off my laptop i can even recode the Ipm and bcm

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Works on OBD 1?

4. captchas

obd 2 ken. 96 and newer, i use a modified elm with a combo of forscan, FoCCCus_0.8.6, ELMconfig 0.2.15, ScanMaster-ELM, pretty much helps me with most new fords. one is very useful in resting the insterment cluster and body moduals when changing gears and tire sizes

5. Buster

Everything I have read Amazon, Summit and elsewhere indicates that the reader works on OBD 1 (1993). I saw good reviews and bad, thats why I am looking for personal experience from a trusted source (you guys).

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

There really isn't all that much to OBDI compared to the data a OBDII PCM can deliver. If you're just wanting to read codes, there isn't a lot of selection for OBDI, because there isn't all that much to differentiate them. It seems this model is the most popular one out there, and since you can pick it up at Walmart for about the same price there's not much risk to buying it since they have a decent return policy.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >