Collision sensor malfunction F-150 Platinum

Discussion in '2015 - 2020 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by James L, Apr 5, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. James L

Hello all,
    I bought a used 2015 F-150 Platinum recently & love it. It seems perfect in every way except one. Occasionally, while using the cruise control a warning chime occurs with a collision sensor malfunction message & the cruise will not work. The chime & warning will continue until the cruise control is turned off. Everything will work fine again if the truck is turned off & restarted. This will occur after driving for about an hour using the cruise control & occurs both with the adaptive feature on or off. My owners manual states the collision sensor is in the driver's side of the lower grill, but I don't see anything there. There appear to be camera lenses under the grill's Ford logo & at the upper mid windshield behind the rearview mirror, but I don't think these are the sensor location. Any ideas about how to resolve this? Is it just a faulty sensor & if so, where is this elusive Sasquatch located so that I might insure that it is not dirty or somehow otherwise obstructed?

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Look behind the bumper on the driver's side below the headlight.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >