Bronco II Come On Out! Truck Show Anyone? .....please Only Bronco 2.

Discussion in 'Ranger, Explorer, Bronco II and Sport Trac Forum' started by OR-86B2, Jan 4, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. OR-86B2

Hello! I'm interested if there are any 80's year range Bronco II's out there that are on here?? I would love to chat with some owners like me of this awesome era for Bronco II's. Come on out and lets have a forum truck show on here lol.
    I have visited one other forum on the interweb and was not interested in sticking around for long because nobody and I mean no members were active and the recent active member posted months ago.
    Anyway, I am just wanting to chat with similar B2 owners like me. Thanks!

OldjunkFords likes this.
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I believe @ncranchero and @OldjunkFords have Bronco IIs, or had them at one point. Not many made overall, short number of year and about 700,000, and they were accident prone (1 out of every 500 rolled over).

3. OR-86B2

Yes they are rare of some sort, I have personally seen 3 tops in my hometown and 1 since I moved to Brookings, they are cool still..

4. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

They are cool, but I see way too many of them being butchered by people turning them into "mud trucks" which soon are destroyed.

5. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I've had 2 in my history of trucks
    Great little cars. The Explorer killed them off because of the back doors.

I would have another one, now that the family has grown and moved on. They are getting VERY hard to find anymore.

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

The Bronco II lived on in the Explorer Sport :)

7. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

My son had one of those, and I never thought of that!
    You are correct.

8. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

9. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I don't think the Explorer sport has quite the "cool factor" of the Bronco II.

10. OR-86B2

Moved in with my girlfriend and her family. Her father owns many vehicles, one of them being a 1991 Explorer that has been giving them problems, it's not running and has been sitting. So he said I could take whatever parts that I want from it before they have it towed. I went for the wheels first. I'm slowly realizing that this might be a thread to move to the builds section...

Anyway, I swapped the wheels and tires to mine.
    Before: B2a.jpg #ad

After B2b.jpg #ad

11. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Axles are stronger on the Explorer. Seats, depending on model, might be better. Engine and transmission are better.

12. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

This...........
    Move the explorer engine, drive-train and axles into the B2................The 4.0 OHV motor is 4 times the motor the old head-crackin' wheezin' 2.9 is.

13. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Yeah, Explorer has the superior drive train. The Bronco II has the superior size and clearance for off road. Transplanting gives you both :)

14. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

And Explorer parts are literally falling from trees..............no availability problems there.
    Try finding parts for a 2.8 or 2.9..............Why I gave up on my old Ranger.

15. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I can give you any write up on the in block cam 4.0 you need.....

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >