< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Beartracks Founding Member

I'm trying to find a console latching assembly for a Ford console.

The door has part number F2TB-18060A70-ADW with F370L CAV.2

The console has part number F2TB-18045-ADW with F370B.

I tried a F1TZ-7806072-A but that's not it. Don't know exactly what the console is out of. It doesn't have a lock.
    I think itsa round a 92 F150
    [​IMG]#ad

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I've seen the consoles sold, but never the latch. I'd think it would be rare for someone to part out just the latch.

However, all is not lost. I use the national salvage yard parts locator when I can't find something and it almost always turns something up:

http://www.car-part.com

They don't have just the latch by itself, but they do have boatloads of Bronco/F150 center consoles from that era, all over the USA, looks like almost a hundred or so. Some under $20 - since condition of the console isn't important since you only want the latch, that might be worth looking into.

3. Beartracks Founding Member

I'm hoping to find a new old stock or replacement.

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Give the guys as NOS Parts a call. All they do is NOS Ford parts. 972-937-2201 if they don't have it maybe they can give you a lead. The other Ford truck parts suppliers, they carry NOS, but only the side, since they sell mostly reproduction stuff.

5. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

6. Beartracks Founding Member

Thanks for the replys. If I can't find one I may just adapt a magnetic latch.

7. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

8. Beartracks Founding Member

Finally found the number and availability. 5 times what I paid for the console $136. My options seem to be to buy another "complete" console for $100 or less on "E" Bay or adapt a magnetic latch from the hardware store. Seems to be the only latch ever made that isn't reproduced.

Thanks for the help!

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >