Veterans Zone COVID-19 VETERAN CARE Notes

Discussion in 'Veterans Zone' started by Greywolf, Jan 27, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

https://docushare-web.apps.cf.humana.com/Marketing/docushare-app?file=4271007

If that link works, it presents a scheme of dealing with it, according to TRICARE. Downtown in Memphis TN they give it to those 75 years and older (veterans). So that group is first. The lines are very long even so...

ALL care personnel have been vaccinated first, as they should be.

VAMC in downtown Memphis is still one of the finest I have ever seen

Tags:
  2. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I have an appointment with VAMC Portland to get Pfizer first doze at 1220 tomorrow. Just have to make a 150 mile round trip to get it. I was going in today, but got snowed out.

3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I got my first dose two hours ago. Even though it is open to all veterans now - they learned fast about scheduling. You call, get an appointment "TIME" (actually a block of time, they factor in delays) and it IS a drive through. When I went there today, there was almost no line at all, they figure 500 slots per day, and they have seven stations set up at the end of the line.

Once I got it, and was directed to the after injection waiting 'LOT', there were volunteers there giving gift bags to all veterans who got the vaccine... (one of them exceptionally cute, who reminded me of an elf)

I estimate the entire process from getting there to leaving was about 30 minutes

I think that they are also giving the vaccine at the VAMC North Clinic,but I don't know from anything but one of the check in people asking if I was scheduled to get it there, or at the outpatient clinic which would be Raleigh Springs

I was definitely told that they are working on diversifying the outlets where it can be given

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  4. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

It has been 12 hours now, and there is a general slight soreness in the shoulder it got shot in - but no big deal. If I went to the gym it would feel worse than that.

I wonder if dose #1 and #2 are different in some way?
    I have three weeks to wait. I will find out then

(NO, you can't get rid of me that easily)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  5. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

24+ hours, all soreness gone.
    No other side effects noticed.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso