Cruise Control

Discussion in '2004 - 2008 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by Shadowwolf2512, May 4, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Shadowwolf2512

Hello, new user and first time poster. I have a 07 F150 XLT with 4wd. Cruise controls are all on the steering wheel. Recently my cruise control started acting weird. I would go to set cruise and it would not work, I would randomly push Resume and suddenly it would set. After it was set I would push Resume and the truck would slow down 1 mph, and press Set and it would increase 1 mph. Sometimes I have to push Off to turn on cruise control. I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues, and if so what they did to fix it.

Thanks. I work swing shift so please forgive me for any delayed responses.

Tags:
  2. Shadowwolf2512

Also for clarification, just bought the truck a couple months ago and at first everything ran perfectly. Also changed the front brake pads, and a front and rear caliber due to rust, and since then my brake light light has been on as well. No idea if the two are connected

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

The center rear brake light being on or burn out will both cause issues with the cruise control circuit.

4. Shadowwolf2512

Thank you very much. Checked that out but sadly(at least in this case) the light is still working as it should

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso