Custom Side steps ?

Discussion in 'The Fabricators Corner' started by mete, May 23, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. mete

I will need some side steps or nerf bars for my coming F-150 . I didn't think factory ones would be so hard to find. Does any one have a source for custom steps? This will be for a F-150, 2018, 6.5' bed, standard cab,
    I need a stainless steel 3" tube , wheel to wheel. with one step at the door and one step at the back of the tube for access to the bed. Have this on my 2009 but not in SS . Shouldn't be a big deal and I have that in carbon steel and I live in the Rust Belt.

Tags:
  2. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

3. mete

I had contacted them and just heard back. The N=Fab that I wanted is made OFF-SHORE ! So the hunt goes on . There must be someone out there [in the USA ] that can and will do it. I don't have any dimensions and I no longer can weld but I still don't think it's a big deal. Get tubing, bend front end , cut to length, weld two brackets, form and weld steps. That's all !
    All I'd need is a straight piece of 3" SS tubing less than 30"long and a step .:(

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  4. mete

I just talked to them and they said it couldn't be done as those items are made OFF SHORE ! So I'll have to keep looking. I think I could even take a cab type and stick an extension with step on it to get something. It ain't rocket science ! I can't weld any more ,not that I had any expertise .

5. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

6. mete

I may have to go with a standard cab step then add a separate step for the bed . if anyone sends a mirror polish I'll remove the mirror ! :)

7. mete

Somewhere recently I saw a website that had removable steps so you could go off-road without damaging them . Anyone know the company ?

8. mete

I think I'll do it the easier way. I really need the bed access so I'll get a AMP Research bed step. Then I'll decide on a step . A passenger may need the step more than I do. Thanks.

9. mete

I'll get the Luverne step in SS. Then Diamondback cover .
    I wonder if I'll ever get the truck ? :(

10. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

AMP makes quality stuff. I'd love to have a set of their auto-hiding steps, but those things are expensive!

11. mete

It's on the way, somewhere in OHIO . :D :D

Campspringsjohn and dustybumpers like this.
  12. mete

It's here ! Will see it Monday. Then to bolt on nerf bars etc , etc.

KW5413 and dustybumpers like this.
  13. mete

It's TODAY !

dustybumpers likes this.
  14. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Cool. Post up some pictures when they are installed. :)

15. mete

Next Monday the seats and fabric will be taken to the upholsterer .Tonneau needs to be installed . End of the month it should all be finished !! :)

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >