Dakota Digital... no high beam indicator...

Discussion in '1953 - 1956 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by BKCH, May 28, 2022.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. BKCH

Hi all - finally got my fancy new Dakota Digital VHX Instrument cluster setup in my '55 F100 - and I really love them... but... of all things that could go wrong... the high beam indicator light isn't working...

I've checked the high beam line going into the control box and it's definitely getting 12v when high beam is on - but nothing on the days :(

Anyone got any ideas? Wondering if it's a setting but I can't seem to find anything in the manual or online. Thanks in advance - I have a roadworthy inspecting tomorrow that is unlikely to go very well without a high beam indicator...!!

Tags:
  2. BKCH

So... funny story (and I'm posting this here for the next person in my situation)

Turns out I (unreasonably) assumed that from a seated position in the drivers seat I'd be able to see the high beam indicator on my (ridiculously) expensive new gauges... turns out not so... the indicator lights are right under the lip of the panel so unless you're an oompa loompa there's no way you can see them when you're driving... handy.

But I guess the good news is the indicator light is actually working (I just can't possibly see it).

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Good the mystery is solved. Your next task is finding a place to relocate it!

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >