Dash lights not working

Discussion in '1973 - 1979 Ford F100, F150, F250-F350 Truck Forum' started by Jbaker0184, Jun 7, 2022.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Jbaker0184

I'm new here. Bought a 73 Ford f250 camper special a while back and am just trying to get it fixed up my wife and I want to restore it and show it Replaced my turn signal switch. All turn signals, flashers, headlights, taillights are working except for my dash lights. I tried replacing the headlight switch but that didn't work. Any ideas? Anything you could tell me would be appreciated thank you.

2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Do you mean all the lights on the dash? Or the backlighting bulbs?

3. iicap

4. mrproc1

Hello, I am in the same boat. No dash ululating light (have turn signal fasten belts, break).
    New fuse, light tester to fuse clips and back of fuse panel show no power (with key on and light switch pulled out)

Any help on where to look next

5. iicap

mrproc1, welcome to FTZ! More info would help. What is the truck, year, model, regular cab or custom cab, engine?? Is it stock and does the wiring seem original or had some patch work or mods? The test light you used, attached to a good ground, the light works in some places but not others?? All your other lights work, headlights, parking, signal, stop??

Cap

6. mrproc1

1979 F250 camper special, regular cab, 460ci, from what I see everything seems to stock as far as wiring, stock dash. All exterior lights work.
    Blinker, fasten belts, and break light work on dash.
    No radio light, no gear selection light, no lights in dash.
    All gauges work
    No dome light, but think it’s just a light, has new fuse.
    Test light- all other fuse terminals have power with test light, I grounded to the parking break bracket

7. iicap

Have you used the Fordification Site about wiring diagrams to show where every thing goes. Headlight switch shows Power In and 6 ways out of the switch. It SEEMS to me a fuseable link feeds it in, BUT circuits out SEEM to have different Fuses. My interpretation of diagram and I'm not positive. You need look see and follow to your not operating portions. Don't overlook the rheostat portion of the switch that dims and brightens the dash lights.
    I might add, when you check the fuse's with test light, DON'T touch the fuse ends, touch the metal clips that hold the fuse, as rust build up on the metal clip could be a lost connection.

http://www.fordification.net/tech/wiring.htm

Cap

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
  8. Preston

i hope you get it resolved

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >