Death wobble

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by Limited89, Dec 27, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Limited89

Anyone else besides me experience the death wobble? Have a 2019 F350 limited SRW and had the first experience at around 6k. Just happens again at 40k. Not happy as thought these problems were solved long time ago. And with the expense of this truck it should not happen at all.

Tags:
  2. ifallsguy

Just an FYI GMC, Chevy, Ram and Jeep all have the same issues with solid front axles.

3. wrencheswild

I have a 2017 F250 with 6.7l diesel. Anyway I also had a wobble above 60 mph when I went over a bump say expansion joints on freeway. I took it to dealership and there is an extended service warranty. The long and short is first Ford wants to verify you have good tires. Then they drive it to reproduce. Then switch the front tires side to side. If it still persists then the fix is replacing the steering damper. They did mine free of cost. Beware though the part is on back order.

4. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

These problems are generally caused by something in the steering assembly being loose. Track bar, ball joints, tie rod ends, pitman arm, steering box, stabilizer shock, or shocks themselves. The track bars are usually them main culprit. Most of the time, it's a combination of things that are causing it. A truck with only 6K on it shouldn't have this issue. Also, suspension and wheel modifications can make this problem worse.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >