Death Wobble!

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by RLCII., Feb 20, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. RLCII.

I have a 2017 F250 super duty and the front wheels shake so bad when I hit a pothole. It lasts for a few minutes. I 40k on the truck and a factory warranty to 75k. When I took it to Ford, they said warranty was void because I have a 2" lift and 37in wheels. Told me that the power steering module was bad. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it really the power steering module? It also puts out warnings that down hill assist, collision warning, up hill assist are not working and and need service I told ford this and they gave me the power steering module excuse again. Any feedback would be helpful.

Tags:
  2. ifallsguy

Ford states in their warranty any modifications can void it. A 2 inch lift and larger wheels changes the geometry of the steering and the drive shaft and that could void the warranty. Even if you were to return the truck to original, Ford will hold to their position your modifications have voided the warranty.

As they say, you make your changes, you take your chances. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear, but reality stinks.

DonW likes this.
  3. DonW

They can be pretty tough to deal with I bought new f150 in 14. At 12,000 miles the front tires were wearing bad, real bad. Had taken it back to the dealer around 10,000 they said it was out of line a little bit. Also took it to an independent collision shop they said it was in specs, and to buy tires meatier on the outer edge of the tread.
    Got the opportunity to buy 4 tires on new ford wheels at a great deal. Less than 2000 miles on them, burned them off by 25,000 miles. Called ford and they said they couldn’t help me because I had put different tires on the truck! They came off another new ford truck, same size! Took it and traded it for my 2nd Ram. Swore off ford but did buy. 2020 f260 with the 7.3 Godzilla....didn’t want/ need the cost (additional $9000+) of a diesel, love the technology of the Godzilla. We shall see..

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >