rust prevention

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by Blowwagon343, Feb 28, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Blowwagon343

Does anyone have incite on when or what to to coat they under body of your truck ? just don't want my truck to rust

Tags:
  2. ifallsguy

year would be nice

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Since you posted in the 2017+ section, I'm going to assume that's what you have... these trucks have aluminum bodies. The bodies aren't going to rust.

4. DonW

What FTZ said. Nothing to do with rust but I hated the way my 2020 F-250 rear inner wheel well looked so I bought a can of 3M undercoating and used it there, looks pretty good..

5. ifallsguy

6. wingless

For regular rust prevention, I first polish to a chrome appearance, the use Rustoleum Professional aerosol.

For marine applications, first step is still polishing, followed by metal prep, then epoxy, also with the Rustoleum top layer.

For quick rust prevention , I clean the metal, then just brush on Rustoleum.

All three methods have been providing excellent long term protection.

For fasteners, I chase the threads w/ a tap /die, scrape the head surfaces clean w/ a utility knife blade, paint everything but the threads, then assemble w/ either Loctite or Never Seize.

Polished then Aerosol Rustoleum
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Polished / Metal Prep / Epoxy / Aerosol Rustoleum
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Cleaned / Brushed Rustoleum
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Biffster and ifallsguy like this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >