Diesel cheating software

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by captchas, Jan 12, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. captchas

ok first it was VW my former long time employer cheating the EPA test with the smokers, Now in todays news it is MOPAR doing like wise on the 2014 to 16 1500's with that 3.0 turbo diesel , when will it all stop? if it won't pass don't sell till it will or simply don't bring the motor here,
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...at-on-emissions-tests/?utm_term=.5785497d2c5f
    on another note ford stated at the Detroit show we will have the ranger back here as a 2109 with a new old look bronco for 2020 .yeha finally 2 mid sized to go after Toyota again

Tags:
  2. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I have a strong suspicion we haven't seen the end of the diesel scandal yet, and there will be more auto makers exposed.

3. captchas

it will get worse . not many ways to make a diesel run as clean as carb and the epa want them to. most likely we will see more diesels running on propane or natural gas like many garbage trucks and busses are now.

4. F350-6 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Hopefully Ford isn't part of this crowd. It'd be a shame to think that Ford cheated and the best they could do cheating was the MPG's I'm getting now.

helifixer likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >