< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. RustyTruckGal86

Hi y'all. It's Chevy.

So I've got Rusty home from the shop now and now a new issue has popped up...when started, Rusty idles very low. Also the engine seems to start smoking after a bit but I don't know if it's just oil that got on the engine or if it's something else. When he was brought home from the shop, we tried to start him after we parked and it wouldn't even turn over. Next morning it took a few minutes but finally started up but the idle is really low and threatens to die if you take your foot off the gas. :facepalm:

So...any tips other than taking the bloody thing back to the shop the next time I have a spare $600? Already put close to $1500 into this...probably more. And still don't have a tailgate...:banghead:

Tags:
  2. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

I would first take a look at what was done while it was in the shop. Anytime something acts up after work has been done to a vehicle, I always look at what was last done to it.

3. RustyTruckGal86

The wiring in the engine was totally messed up and Brian (mechanic) got it figured out and put right, something broke in the steering column when I was trying to climb into it so he had to take it apart and put it back together, all the belts got replaced, and the alternator got replaced as well. There's an issue with the rear brakes but it's not one that has to be done right now. He did tell me that it was idling low but I didn't know just how low it was...

So I'm not sure what is wrong with my rustbucket now.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >