Mustang tank finally done

Discussion in '1953 - 1956 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by jniolon, Jul 2, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

only took about 15 years... had the tank installed forever but the filler neck isn't centered in the tank... so I finally got some welding done and coated the tank with bed liner to protect it... also added the ROV and vent...
    chip chip chip... now it's ready to slide back under the frame... another chore before surgery.

Img_1070a.jpg #ad
    Img_1064a.jpg #ad

Tags:
    56panelford likes this.
  2. oledad Founding Member

Looking good, John. You're going to be driving that truck before you know it! Hopefully surgery is minor and doesn't hold you back too much. At least you'll be inside for these miserably hot days. Good luck, Steve

jniolon likes this.
  3. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

little more than minor... hip replacement... but in a few weeks we'll be back at it... and the inside will be good... it hit 100 today while were painting primer... the paint was drying in the cup.. had a hell of a time cleaning the guns...

enjoy your fourth !!!
    j

56panelford and FTZ HAIC like this.
  4. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Hope your surgery goes well John..

jniolon likes this.
  5. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

thanks John... it's a strange thing to say but I'm really looking forward to it

56panelford likes this.
  6. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I thought your surgery wasn't until September..?

7. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

nope... Monday week... the 11th... friends that have had the surgery convinced me to go ahead and not wait. 4-6 weeks on walker and such then back to mostly normal activity... no marathon running or tennis... but I didn't do that anyway ! Doc said I got no cushion between bone anymore and I believe it... getting pretty painful. wakes me up at night if I move wrong. Sucks getting old... but next week... new ball joints and tie rod !!!

j

8. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I don't think I have any problems with my tie rod but the ball joints are starting to wear, my left hip gives me lots of grief and right shoulder..

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >