Disc Brake Kits and Interior kits

Discussion in '1980 - 1986 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by Sandman, Aug 12, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Sandman

I just bought a new project and it is the first Ford I have done it is a 1986 Ford F150 half ton pickup Lariat XLT V8 fuel injection. I am looking to see if anyone has experience and advice in changing over to Disk Breaks I want to do all 4 any good kits out there that include the brackets for the calipers ?
    Any good interior kits available out there ?

Thank You Sandman

2. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Check rock auto for the interior. Not sure on brake conversions... LMC truck comes to mind.

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

What rear axle type does it have? 9"?

4. captchas

86 should have a 9.0 inch yet might have a 8.8.look at the rear of the rear if it has a tin cover it's a 8.8 if it has a slide in unit up front it's a 9.0

5. BKW Founding Member

ALL 1975 and later F150 2WD's and 1976 F150 4WD's have front disc brakes.

1986 F150 could have an 8.8" integral (introduced in 1983) or 9" rear axle. 1986 was the last year for the 9 in F150/Bronco.

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I don't think @Sandman has stuck around to answer what kind of axle he has. He hasn't been back since 6 minutes after his post. It's a basic courtesy some people seem to lack these days, they want to be spoonfed answers instantly, and are too lazy to do something as simple as telling us what axle is on the truck or saying thank you.

BKW likes this.
  7. BKW Founding Member

When you owned FTE, a member asked for the reflectors that mount below the tail lamps on 1969/72 Stylesides.

Not reproduced, I found 30 NOS, posted all the sources. The member didn't get around to looking at his thread for a month, by that time all had been sold.

Then he b!tched about it. I told him it was his own damn fault, shoulda checked back within a coupla days and added:

Obsolete parts are hard to find, if you snooze...you lose!

8. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Too many people have the choosey beggar attitude, they want help, and then get upset when you give it to them not on their terms!

captchas and JWC 3 like this.
  9. Sandman

Thank You

10. Sandman

Thank You

11. Sandman

12. Sandman

To all that have replied Thank You to the folks who asked is my rear end 8.8or 9 it's 9 to and I apologize for what seems to be a slow response. I appreciate the responses. To FTZ HAIC I can definitely admire you standing up for everyone, I travel internationally to remote areas of Brazil regularly so there is NO internet access in these areas I am not lazy on the contrary I am crazy busy all the time and this is the reason I joined this forum I don't want to be spoon-fed. I will take your advice however and when I post I will let folks now I may not respond quickly based on work travel so people will know I am not ignoring them. Thank You

JWC 3 likes this.
  13. Sandman

14. Sandman

BKW Thanx for the response and I apologize for the slow response I travel for work regularly in remote areas of Brazil and it's difficult to catch the internet I will let folks know when I'm traveling so they know if my responses are slow. My truck has a 9" rear axle.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >