Do you have an appreciation of all automobiles?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by MIL1ION, Jun 5, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. MIL1ION Canadian Chapter

Tags:
    56panelford, dustybumpers and KW5413 like this.
  2. BKW Founding Member

The one thing that amazes me about this Mustang...is that you can actually fit in it!

Greywolf, dustybumpers and FTZ HAIC like this.
  3. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

I love them all. I currently have the '70 nova and '78 transmission Am. There would be more but, the divorce attorney would suck the needed funds right out of my wallet if I brought any more home...and they are pretty hard to hide.

I appreciate all shapes, sizes and running conditions. But, I am saddened by those we, all to often, see rotting in the fields.

4. MIL1ION Canadian Chapter

Your last sentence.
    All too real for me.
    There's a farmer about 18 miles west of me with a section of yard where his kid has parked old iron.
    I have photos but it would probably cause you some pain.

Before my Volvo I owned a 67 Chevy Nova 327 .that burned to the asphalt a day after a local garage did a tune up. I was too busy to do it myself working 6 days a week.It broke my heart to see it go.
    Some days I wish I still had the Volvo..especially seeing what was done to it after I let go.
    I have photos of that too.

Lot's of great iron in my town.
    Just yesterday another new car to town. A 61 Pontiac vert with 4 women in it.

Greywolf likes this.
  5. kermmydog Southwest Chapter

I like all different vehicles.

Greywolf and 56panelford like this.
  6. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I love them all, and they love me!
    This one followed me home last week.
    044.jpg #ad

My problem, I can't save them all!

56panelford, JWC 3 and Greywolf like this.
  7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I'll be the first here to say I don't love them all. The Ford Tempo, no love. The Chevette, no love. The Zastava Yugo, no love. Most minivans, no love. Some of the horrifically engineered American cars from the 1970s and early 80s, no love.

There are many which I love, but all... nope. Roses smell sweeter once you've smelt crap.

8. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

OK, so it is an endearing generic homage to the good ones.

A hater is the 1988 Mitsubishi mini van. Please, don't ask me how I know. :shake:anim

a3d8cb4e383d6a0f417a16a27f35352b.jpg #ad

Ummmm......the one I er, umm, did know about, was fitted with a fine set of Black Nugget wheels. :rock:anim

81f1095898c16f96cfe23f5d0ed7d5b8.jpg #ad

9. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

That minivan has the external design of a subway car. The only thing it's missing is graffiti.

Greywolf likes this.
  10. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

It devalued faster than a canoe in a hurricane.

From what I heard.... :)

Greywolf likes this.
  11. NRA4ever Founding Member

I don't call a minivan a car. I do like most cars except the tiny little things that should be used as a spare tire in a full size ride. Oh Well I like big cars & sport cars . I like most trucks too.

12. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Both like and love are in the eyes of the beholder - but sometimes it takes a mechanical Archimedes to turn a turd into a rocket...

13. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I've owned more GM vehicles than any other brand but do like all North American vehicles over all and all others second..

14. captchas

gm's are = in numbers to my fords in my life. ones I miss are the 63 C2 vette spilt window z06 tanker. 68 nova with a 427, last my recently sold numbers matching 1970 chevelle SS 454. 365 hp ls 5, 4 speed . wish I still had a few fords. 65 mustang gt350. 95 fox body GT 5.0 5 speed, 32, 2 door sedan with the K code motor from the GT 350 powering it. 1964 gal 500 extra light, " 427 -425 hp medium raiser 4 speed. "still have the rare tunnel wedge 2x4 intake from it along with a no part number staggered height 3 x 2 intake off a 63 406 both with the carbs"
    can't drive my 07 stang on the road with the LEO's getting up my six. sound of the xcharger feed super six built stoker 4.0 into a 4.3 l v6 , look of the roll cage and street slicks makes them turn around come a looking.

15. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

But, those aren't cars Cap. Those are Automobiles.

^-#

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso