Door adjustment

Discussion in '1967 - 1972 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by RP67F100, Apr 14, 2024.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. RP67F100

So I’m at the point of putting my doors back on. I had them off and back on and left hinges on the doors. When the body shop took them off for paint he left the hinges on the body
    Now trying to put them back on with new seals I can’t get them adjusted so they will shut and not hit anywhere
    Any suggestions for my 67 F100 doors?

Tags:
  2. iicap

Are your seals on the cab frame or the doors?? Guessing they might be glued in place already and you have finished paint to protect. My best guess, remove the seals so you don't have to fight them. Try and get some silicone pads the thickness of your uniform gap around the door, lay them on the lower sill to support the door and with help, set the door in place and close it completely. You will be tightening the hinges from inside. As far as silicone pads, we use round ones in our kitchen to protect the counter tops from scalding hot pots. Just a suggestion, would hope someone versed in body work would pipe in. The pads in the pic are 1/8th thick, 7.5 diameter and do not compress easily. Cap

upload_2024-4-15_23-3-53.jpeg

3. RP67F100

4. iicap

Thought you responded, now that post gone or something screwy on my end, besides me. Cap

5. RP67F100

I did reply. It’s merged with your response for some reason. Thanks for the tips I’ll give a try

6. Oldiesask

As I am not a bodyman, I had hoped someone more qualified would chime in, but fwiw, here is my input. I would install them, as Cap said, with the seals off, fresh paint could be protected with duct tape all around, both sides. Adjust them with a light pressure from inside, you should have an assistant there anyway, and I once read that the leading edge should be slightly out from the trailing one, to reduce wind noise (front of door out from fender, rear in from cab). Only slight, not enough to see, this reduces turbulence in the gap. The doors should be adjusted before the fenders.
    Once the gasket is installed, it will permanently take the shape of the opening, but it will take some time.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >